ARS 281 Chereese Cross

ARS 281 Chereese Cross

PROPOSAL:

For this final project, my intention was to portray a moment, a moment in time that usually happens in a few seconds, or a moment that people don’t normally pay attention to. Photographer Gregory Crewdson has inspired this idea. Unlike many photographers, Gregory directs his photos just as a director would a movie scene. Because of his particular style of creating photos, he has the advantage of capturing almost any thing. In many of Gregory’s pieces, the focus is on an individual or two. This individual then looks as if they’re experiencing a moment of self-realization, or a moment that will normally happen behind close doors; therefore other people are not aware of it, but just that particular individual. For this project I will be portraying a sad moment, one that normally happens in a flash or a moment that normally happens in private. My goal is to not only show that moment but also prolong it. My goal is to portray not just any moment but an emotional one. The moment portrayed in my final picture is that of a young couple that finds out the female is pregnant. I will produce one image that will take place in a dorm room. For this final project, I did not manipulate the background much, reason being, I wanted the picture to look as natural as possible. However I manipulated the positions of the individuals in the photo. With this tactic I was able to produce a staged picture but retain a natural look.