Week 1

Hello. My name is Coral Amethyst Kopetz, and this is a blog. I am entering the final semester of my MA program is Contemporary Asian and Asian American Studies. I taught English in Japan for two years as part of the JET Program, and I work full time in a tutoring center off campus. My first experience with the internet was purely text based, on a computer with an orange and black monitor. I am dating myself horribly with that bit of trivia, but it’s interesting to think how far things have come in a rather unassuming span of time. I also like cats. I have a particularly fluffy one named Puff.

4 thoughts on “Week 1

1. Cynthia Davidson

Hi Coral,
    great to have you in the class! I hope that you find lots of creative and intellectual connections to consider within our little area here. I can imagine that as someone with a strong interest in Asian culture, the digital realm will be full of possibilities for overlap, and I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with those synergies.

Reply
  2. Allison Bressmer

Hi Coral,
    An orange and black monitor…I don’t remember ever seeing such a color scheme!

This do change quickly, and I’m grateful for classes such as these that will help us avoid being left behind.

Have a good semester!
    ab

Reply
  3. twitmer

Hi Coral,
    I started teaching before email and I rented my first personal computer from the college bookstore. Not sure I ever saw a black and orange monitor.
    Tom

Reply
  4. lpsalvatore

Hey Coral! Nice to see you again! I can’t wait to see what the digital world will do to enhance my writing instruction!

Reply