Hey, Y’all!

My name is Sarah Fisher Davis, and I am from Charlotte, North Carolina.

This blog serves as a collection of my musings during a graduate course entitled Digital Rhetoric (Spring 2018). I look forward to expanding my knowledge of composition and rhetoric, as well as new media and teaching strategies!

A second-year PhD student, I study contemporary Global South and postcolonial literature in English, as well as film and graphic narrative. I focus specifically on how gender and ecology relate to one another and to geopolitical issues within the so-called developing world. I am also pursuing graduate certificates in Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies and Teaching Writing.

I earned my B.A. in History Education and English from Gardner-Webb University and my M.A. in English from UNC Charlotte. Before returning to education as a student, I taught high school English in a Tennessee STEM academy and worked in advancement at my undergraduate alma mater.

I live in Port Jefferson with my husband and our adorable pup, Kal-El. During my excessive free time, I enjoy exploring the craft beer scene, traveling, and watching viral dog videos.

3 Thoughts.

1. Hey, Sarah! Love the layout of your site and the name! That is one of my all time favorite quotes, and I LOVE Lord of the Rings! Perhaps you can help me with mine? I have not used this platform, and your site and Jon’s make mine look like a fifth grader designed it! Ha ha. I, too, enjoy travelling, and would love to discuss the different places we both have visited and share our experiences.
    Your dog is aboslutely adorable, and I love the name! I have a pure black lab named Shea. She’s about to turn ONE next month!

• Ryan,

Thank you for your kind reply! I am still very much working on my blog site, so we can certainly learn together! (Jon and Caitlin are the real experts…)

So glad you recognized my quote. I am hoping to add more Tolkien-esque references as I revise. And yes, please – I would love to talk about our favorite places! I am always looking to add to my bucket list. Also, I’d love to see a picture of Shea. Our buddy just turned eight this weekend!

• Sarah,
        My pleasure! And that sounds good!

It’s a beautiful quote. There are so many memorable quotes from the books. I’d love if you added more Tolkien quotes. And, that sounds great! Can’t wait to hear about your travels!

I will post a picture of Shea! Aw, happy belated birthday to Kal-El!