The New York Marine Sciences Consortium is an association of colleges, universities, and degree-granting institutions with expertise and interest in marine and/or coastal science. NYMSC is the voice of New York State’s marine science academic community and strives to influence public policy, communicate science, and increase funding for the marine sciences within New York.
Marine science has always been a highly interdisciplinary field that defies institutional boundaries. It has a rich tradition of team-based research and education where scientists from many backgrounds join forces to tackle important environmental problems that span the world’s oceans, or develop and deliver an interdisciplinary curriculum. NYMSC is a platform to facilitate even greater collaboration and advocacy.
News & Events
- Published Paper as a result of 2012 NYMSC Annual Conference!
- NYMSC 2015 Conference “Protecting our Coastal Environments: The Outlook for Green and Gray Solutions”
- Congratulations to the 2014 Poster Winners Soren Dahl, and Joanna Wells and Megan Ossmann
- PLEASE ATTEND! October 18TH, 2014 Managing New York Ocean Resources: Connecting Science and Policy
- The DEC charge to NYMSC for the 9/22 symposium
powered by RSS Just Better 1.1 plugin