The Pitt Wolfe group is a research group at the School of Marine at Atmospheric Sciences at Stony Brook University. We study the effects of ocean circulation on climate, large-scale ocean circulation (including the overturning circulation and deep stratification), interactions between the mesoscale (eddies and boundary currents) and the large scale circulation, and the predictability of geophysical flows. Our tools include theory, idealized numerical models, and realistic ocean circulation models.
- Christopher L. Pitt Wolfe, PI
- Xiaoning Wu, Ph.D. candidate
- Wenda Zhang, Ph.D. student
- Xiaohui Liu, postdoc. March 2018–June 2019, now at Second Institute of Oceanography, China
- Suyash Bire, Ph.D. May 2019, now at EAPS, MIT
- Lequan Chi, Ph.D. November 2019