Cover Letter

March 26, 2018

Re: Licensed Masters Social Worker Position

To Whom It May Concern:

I’m writing to express my interest in the Licensed Masters Social Worker Position available at Achieve Beyond Pediatric Therapy and Autism Services in your Farmingdale branch. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) in the State of New York and studied at Stony Brook University, where I also minored in Spanish and was involved in many leadership positions. My training in my universities leadership program taught me to communicate well with others and work in a collaborative work setting which would make me an ideal candidate for this position.

My three years being involved in my school’s leadership program has provided me with extensive experience in communicating with others and assisting students in their college transition. The leadership program is extremely selective and only a handful of freshman get accepted. This experience has helped my collaboration and team building skills, as well as my coordination and organizational skills. My role was that of a leader who guided incoming freshman in things such as housing selection, class selection and on-campus resources. My degree in Social Work has prepared me to assess the conditions of individuals and groups in need and take the necessary steps to improve their conditions. These skills would be beneficial if I were to be given the chance to apply them to the children, students and families who seek your services. I have experience working with children and young adults through my years of babysitting and through my involvement in my university. Coming from a Spanish-speaking background and my Spanish degree allows me to communicate with Spanish-speaking individuals fluently. I feel very confident in my ability to cater to different individuals needs and develop the best strategies to assist children with their disabilities.

I am excited to be considered for this position and hopefully be able to contribute to the great services that your company provides. I am looking forward to the opportunity to work with a multi-disciplinary team that strives to educate family members and caregivers on different intervention strategies to aid children with developmental disabilities. Please find my resume enclosed for your review. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Daniela Robles