Hello from an instructor! (Shyam Sharma)

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Shyam Sharma
    Keymaster

Hello visitor!
    First, I just wanted to add a sample discussion post mainly to not make the forum look empty when you, our guests, arrive!

My name is Shyam Sharma, and I teach in the Program in Writing and Rhetoric. Dr. Cynthia Davidson and I collaboratively created the MASLOW project in order to provide our graduate students a place to practice and learn–at their own pace and convenience–a range of academic writing and communication skills also selecting what they need.

Graduate-level writing and communication support is also one of my major research interests, and in the past few years, I focused on international graduate students, a subject that I started studying with my doctoral dissertation. But I also study and teach gradaute-level writing to all students. As graduate program director in the Writing Program, I am also involved in creating and promoting writing and communication support initiatives for all students. Reflecting this dual interest, the modules that we will offer through the MASLOW platform are designed to help all graduate students, even though there are a few that may be more relevant for international graduate students (as envisioned by the project in the beginning).

And, finally, mainly inspired by scholars like Dr. Davidson, I also study and write about new media in higher education (though this is a subject I have put on the back burner of research/publication in the last few years). Other subjects I could talk about if you can stop by–I know, you’re busy, I’m busy, but I still try to find time to chat with our dear students, so stop by if you can–are international education, cross-cultural rhetoric and rhetorical traditions, writing in the disciplines and writing across the curriculum, professional and technical writing, and language politics and policy.

Thank you for visiting the site and I hope you say hello and inspire other students, whether you are a student yourself or have been one 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar