Blog # 12

Dear Author,

After reading your stem cell research paper, I believe you have done a great job on informing and analyzing the arguments that both sides hold. In your introduction, you started off with a myth that is related to stem cell and it catches my attention and makes me want to keep reading. After a brief introduction of stem cells, instead of using statements to declare your thesis, you asked a question instead. I really like this thesis because it engages a “conversation” with the readers instead of simply stating. Through the entire paper, you are constantly moving back and forth between each side of the controversy. This is a very interesting way of organizing the paper because it generates an image of the battle between two sides. For example, when you first started saying that embryos are essentially humans, which discourages stem cell research. Then starts to refute this idea in the following paragraph by asking whether or not embryos really count as humans. The paper is always build upon the thesis and do not have any irrelevant information. . Aside from the organizations, you implement various sources and explains why these sources are credible by using appositives to introduce the author.  Also, instead of summarized and rephrasing your thesis, you offered a possible solution which answers the “so what” question. 

Overall, your paper is very well focused and organized. I have to say I can’t find any flaws in this paper and it is beyond my ability to improve it.

Best Wishes,

A Reader who admires you.