Introduction to 3D Printing

Research Technologies is piloting a 3D printing project to determine the feasibility for the Stony Brook research community.

Find out about what 3D Printing here and how it works.  This is an informative fun video.

3D Printing Tutorial

2 thoughts on “Introduction to 3D Printing

1. Yi-Ching Wu

Dear David,

I am interested in the 3D printing technology research, and I have been working on the 3D printer for my internship as I have experience with certain types of 3D printers. I hope you can give me this opportunity to join the research, thank you.

2. Kurt4

3D printing, a revolutionary manufacturing process, allows the creation of three-dimensional objects from digital models. Using materials like plastic, metal, or even organic compounds, this technology enables intricate designs and rapid prototyping. From aerospace components to prosthetic limbs, its applications are diverse and expanding. With the advancement of technology, affordable desktop printers have made 3D printing accessible to enthusiasts and professionals alike. Imagine customizing your waterproof windows tablet with a unique 3D-printed case, showcasing the limitless possibilities of this transformative technology.