Adam Fuss Reflection

I find just the idea of Adam Fuss’ work to be interesting. He is a photographer without a camera. This concept is very different from most of the photographic work we see. I like to keep his method in mind when viewing his work as there can be differences between a photograph and a photogram.
The first thing I notice about Fuss’ work is that they are all inherently beautiful. He works primarily with water and that is what I chose to focus on when analyzing his work. There’s a sort of delicateness in his work. In one image he uses a rippling effect with water to create circles. These circles appear perfect and vary widely from light to dark.
When I view Fuss’ images of water they have a sort of calming effect on myself. Whether it is an image of flowing water or the rippled water that is mentioned above I find they both have similar effects. The image of flowing water is very natural. It comes off as though he captured an image of an actual waterfall. The image of water rippling evokes a sense of tranquility. I find that it can be difficult to convey of express certain emotions through photography and so I greatly admire Fuss’ ability to do so.
Fuss’ work also uses a lot of symbolism. Water is a very abundant source that can also be used to symbolize many things. For example, water can be used to symbolize life or cleansing. I really admire Fuss’ use of symbols in his work. It shows that his work goes beyond the aesthetically pleasing image we first see. It requires careful consideration as opposed to mere appreciation.