15 Jan PM – YAY SCUBA CERTIFICATION

Let me just start by saying that Fruty is awesome. Our diving instructor is really funny and made this experience of getting certified in Jamaica that much better. Having said that I want to congratulate all the DITs that went through this experience with me. The training for all of us was amazing and diving just takes beautiful to a whole new level. During the open water dives, we went to awesome dive sites and it completely exceeded my expectations. All the different species of fish, plants, and coral coexisting together in this place is just overwhelming. I am now PADI certified and I plan on making the most out of it during this trip!

Also, I am super excited about our research project. We are looking at coral abundance as it relates to sea urchin abundance and algae cover. This is really exciting because it’s my first time out in the field doing marine science research. Also, the first few steps when Roxane, Rich and I had to revise out project multiple times reminded me of how frustrating but interesting research can be. I am really looking forward to moving on and getting data for this project.

Lucia_divers certification

Fruity showing us the way

Lucia_furry sea urchin

SOOOOO FUZZZY  

Lucia 

3 thoughts on “15 Jan PM – YAY SCUBA CERTIFICATION

1. I’d like to know more about the research but I guess I will have to wait!!!!!