Class Registration Requirements:
- Participants must have a valid Campus Recreation membership.
- Participants are encouraged to register for classes online.
- Registration opens 24 hours in advance and closes 1 hour before the class begins.
- Participants registered must be present 15 minutes before the start time in order to confirm their registration. Class registration is forfeited if participants do not arrive within 5 minutes of the start of class.
- Once class starts, the doors will be closed for its’ duration. There is no late entry into the studios once the class has begun.
- Silence cell phones and be courteous to instructors and other participants.
- Participants are encouraged to stay for the class entirely due to safety concerns.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to consult with their health care providers before taking fitness classes.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. This includes appropriate footwear and shirts, covering midriffs/abdomens at all times.
- Tae Kwon Do: Dobok/Uniform encouraged for continuous participation in class.
- Pink Gloves Boxing class requires a one-time registration fee for the semester, limit 20 participants.
- Frequent class registration without show may warrant restrictions to future fitness class registration.
- When Academic classes are cancelled, the Group Fitness Classes will be cancelled as well. Visit SB Advisories for the information.
- Class schedules may be subject to changing without notice.
- If there are less than three participants registered online for a fitness class, the class will be cancelled and the two participants will be notified.
- Classes in which there is consistently low participation (i.e. less than three participants) will be removed from the schedule.
- Please stop by the Campus Recreation Center office or call 631-632-7168 for additional details or to cancel your class registration.
- Registration for all classes will be available online at: www.recreation.sunysb.edu by clicking on “Online Portal”.
- The growth of the Group Fitness Program necessitates the need to limit the number of participants in fitness classes for member safety and enjoyment. Please note the following size limits:
Wellness Studio 128- 45 participants
Wellness Studio 216- 28 participants
Wellness Studio 211- 20 participants
Multipurpose Room 125 – 30 participants
Registration through the Online Portal:
- Click “Online Portal- Fitness Class Registration” on the top-right side of the Campus Recreation website.
- Click “LogIn”; You will be prompted to create an account the first time.
- Enter your Net ID and password to login.
- PLEASE NOTE: ONLY MEMBERS OF THE WALTER J. HAWRYS CAMPUS RECREATION CENTER CAN REGISTER & ATTEND CLASSES.
- Spouse/Partner/Alumni may not participate in group fitness classes, club sports or intramural activities.
- Select the open class you wish to register for by clicking “Sign Up”.
- Carefully read the waiver and click “Accept” and then “Sign Up”.
- After you accept the waiver, you are registered.
- Bring your ID card and arrive at the designated studio 15 minutes before the start time, encouraged.
- Your registration will be forfeited if you do not check in 5 minutes before the start time.
- To cancel your class registration, go back to the Online Portal at least an hour before the class.
Participation in all recreational sports programs is on a voluntary basis. Stony Brook University, the State University of New York and the State of New York are not liable for any injuries, damages or other losses which individuals may incur while using recreational sports facilities or participating in recreational sports programs provided by the Department of Campus Recreation. Individuals specifically assume all risks of injuries, damages, or other losses while using any university equipment or facilities at Stony Brook, or while participating in any program, exercise or activity at Stony Brook or on Stony Brook University’s premises.
Stony Brook University/SUNY reserves the right to take photos of University students on campus. These photos may be used in university publications, marketing materials, or on the university websites.