15 Jan AM – DITs No More!!

Today, after three days of pool work and open water dives, the six DITs (Divers In Training) finally became certified scuba divers. Not only was getting certified in Jamaica great because of the beautiful reefs were we did our training dives, but in between dives and pool work we get to relax pool side at the resort where we were training. Now that I’m certified, I can’t wait for our Bueno Rio excursion because all the instructors keep talking about how beautiful it is.

Julia_DITs

After our last dive at the resort while waiting for our instructor to sign out our dive logs.

Julia_scuba

The view underwater.

But don’t think it’s been all relaxation and sunshine (yes mom, I’ve been wearing a lot of sunscreen). So far we have completed twelve lectures in four day, gone snorkeling or scuba diving at least twice a day, had to memorize about 75 species and been tested on it all. Tomorrow we finally get to start our research projects, so look for more about Upside Down Jellyfish in my future post.

Julia_upsidedownjelly

Upside Down Jellyfish

PS: Saw a sea turtle on the second night. Couldn’t be more excited. Check out GraceAnn’s post for a picture taken by my favorite professor (since I know he’ll edit this in himself later anyway). [ed: hah!]

-Julia

3 thoughts on “15 Jan AM – DITs No More!!

1. Good girl with the sunscreen! 🙂
    Congrats on getting your certification! We’re excited for you and looking forward to learn more about the upside down jellyfish!
    Good luck jellyfishing, Spongebob! 😉
    Love, mom.