Is Google Making Us Stupid?
What the Internet is doing to our brains
Nicholas Carr Jul 1 2008, 12:00 PM ET
Read the article and post your thoughts in a reply at bottom of this blog post. Reply to others. What is Nicholas Carr’s point? Think about the following when replying:
• What is your first impression of this article? Reply with your first thoughts?
• What is your first impression of the author? Remember, this article was written in 2008?
• How many times a week do you use Google? How about in a day?
• Does Nicholas Carr make valid points about our dependence on the Internet and Google?
• How does Google enhance our ability to communicate, research, and carry on our day to day activities?
• Are we dependent upon Google? Give some pros and cons to our use of Google?
Be honest. Could you be as smooth an operator, as we all know you are, without Google? Imagine life without Google or any other digital tool…life without a smartphone. Be intelligent with your comments and back the up.